Monday, November 1, 2010

November 2010



--->Can the novella save (SH: or whet the appetite for) literature? They're no less artful than full-length books, but they need less of your time. The perfect form for today's lifestyles...

Speaking of which: (see right hand column), The Green Pail, and Gifts Unexpected. I priced them to be inexpensive, so I don't make a dime; People have embarrassingly told me these were more engrossing than some bestsellers they have read. They are certainly the most satisfying things I have written, in my opinion.
Dear Steve,

I finally got my hands on your two books Green Pail and Gifts Unexpected and thoroughly enjoyed them. I generally read the classics, but the inspired simplicity of your stories is beautiful in a much more personal way. You truly have a gift. Have you written other stories I might not be aware of?

Pax,
John Goes (2009)

These books are unmistakably but indirectly Catholic. Ok, enough with the shamelessness. But I hope you will consider getting them. And I hope a blessing awaits through drama. We need both nasty realism and hope today, which is what I tried to accomplish in these.

Another,

Dear Stephen,

I finished reading "Gifts Unexpected" and "The Green Pail" a couple of weeks and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed them. You truly have a gift for story-telling. My reading diet is mostly composed of Church Doctrine and History, Spirituality, etc. but I find it relieving to have some consoling literature from time to time, yours having the added benefit of being Catholic. They are a measured blend of Christian hope and suffering, without being saccharine or pollyannish.

In the Sacred Heart of Our Lord,
Brad Carson, Nov.18, 2010

...More at Amazon

All articles at this website not attributed or linked to others are written by this editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment